Contour +2 Hands-Free Video Camera Now Available in Premium and Specialty Retail Stores
Small action cams really came into their own this year with numerous new cameras and updates to existing cameras. Contour is adding to that list with the Contour+2. The Contour+2 not only shoots 1080p HD video but also includes GPS tracking of speed, distance, and elevation. Along with the new camera model are updates to the Contour Connect App (iOS) and Contour Storyteller. The Contour+2 is available for $399.99 online through Contour’s website as well as premium and specialty retailers including Apple Stores (North America only), Apple.com, REI, B&H Photo Video and Pro-Audio, and EMS. The complete press release is below.
Updates Released for Contour Connect App to Enhance Action Video Experience
SEATTLE, WASH. – September 18, 2012 - Contour Inc., the company that makes it easy to capture and share the action with hands-free HD video cameras, apps and accessories, today hits select retail shelves with its new Contour+2.
Announced earlier this month, the Contour+2 is the most advanced, easy-to-use camera, that lets people shoot 1080p HD video; track speed, distance, and elevation.
“Contour’s continued, innovative focus on the customer experience has helped align our camera’s attributes with core customers in select retail environments,” said Marc Barros, CEO of Contour. “We’ve reached a gratifying moment: we’re now connected to the world’s largest social networks and have products on the shelves at select, premium retailers. This is what we set out to do.”
To help bring the highly anticipated Contour+2 to market faster and to make all Contour products easier to buy around the world, the company teamed up with PCH International. Its PCH Accelerator program gives start-ups the same skills, resources and processes currently used by the world’s leading brands to rapidly and efficiently develop hardware product concepts to commercial readiness.
More consumers can now capture and share action moments with Contour’s products, while experiencing the newly updated Contour Connect App and Storyteller Software, which include:
Contour Connect App Updates (iOS only)
- Remote Control Feature: Users can turn their smartphone into a remote control by pairing the Contour+2 with their mobile device. Contour’s built-in Bluetooth technology allows users to start and stop recording from their phone while the camera is already mounted.
- Improved Bluetooth Connection: Users will notice improved stability between their smartphone and the camera’s Bluetooth connection.
- Adjust Camera Settings: App users can adjust HD video resolution, lighting and audio sensitivity on-the-go, wherever they are.
Contour Storyteller Software Updates
- Easier Setup: First-time setup experience now includes camera registration, help with initial camera settings and automatic firmware check and update.
- Improved GPS Data Visualization and Playback: Hide or show map insets and charts showing speed, elevation and distance during video playback.
Pricing and Retail Availability: The Contour+2 is available for $399.99 online through Contour’s website as well as premium and specialty retailers including Apple Stores (North America only), Apple.com, REI, B&H Photo Video and Pro-Audio, and EMS. For more information, please visitwww.contour.com.
Seattle-based Contour Inc. makes it easy to capture and share life’s moments through its rich ecosystem of hands-free cameras, data, mobile apps and accessories. Contour products are available at Apple Stores, Amazon.com; major sports retailers, including REI, Zumiez and EMS; photo specialty stores like B&H Photo, Video and Pro-Audio; and specialty retail stores in more than 40 countries.