Sigma Announces Programmable Lenses
Along with the new lenses announced this week at Photokina is a whole new way to customize your lenses. Sigma has created a new piece of software ( SIGMA Optimization Pro) that can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus. The focus limiter is also customizable for Sports lenses. Using a special USB Dock, the user will be able to connect the l ens to their PC, and, using easy-to-operate on-screen controls, fine-tune focus and adjust other parameters to suit their personal preferences.
Mainly used for general-purpose photography, this everyday lens covers a range equal to 25.5-105mm on a 35mm camera. A large-aperture lens that opens up to F2.8, it ‘ s surprisingly compact in size. Great for treasured snapshots of travel or family occasions, it also handles shots that are a little bit more creative. Designed to be the kind of lens you carry around with you all the time, it delivers simplicity and is so user-friendly that’s sure to satisfy even the most demanding of users.
- Lens Construction:16 elements in 14 groups
- Minimum aperture:F22
- Filter size:ø72mm Angle of view (SD1):79.7 ° – 22.9 °
- Minimum focusing distance:22cm
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length):ø79mm x 8 2mm/3.1in x 3 .2in
- Number of diaphragm blades:7 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Maximum magnification ratio:1:2.9
Many avid photographers will definitely prefer this 3 5mm lens to the more conventional 50mm. Using a leading-edge design and state-of-the-art production technology, we’ve honed its performance to the point where it can do full justice to the expressive power of the very latest digital cameras. A t low apertures, for example, it can perform like a wide-angle lens, while if it’ s opened up to F1.4, it will give the background a pleasing bokeh effect and make the subject pop like a mid-range telephoto lens. What makes this lens so desirable is the wide scope it provides for artistic expression.
- Lens Construction:13 elements i n 11 groups
- Minimum aperture:F16
- Filter size:ø67mm
- Angle of view ( 35mm equivalent):63.4 °
- Minimum focusing distance:30cm/11.8in
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length): ø77mm x 94.0mm/3.0in x 3.7in
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Maximum magnification ratio:1:5.2
Although high-function digital cameras now deliver improved picture quality at high-ISO settings, adjusting your lens to a large aperture is still the most effective strategy for action shots. And even if you have to take the shots from a less-than-ideal position, as is so often the case when shooting sports or on-stage action, this zoom lens, with its maximum focal length of 300mm, lets you open up the aperture all the way to F2.8. In other words, when conditions are difficult, this high-performance lens gives you more scope to express yourself in the shots you take.
- Lens Construction:23 elements i n 18 groups
- Minimum aperture:F22
- Filter size: ø105mm
- Angle of view (35mm equivalent):20.4 ° – 8 .2 °
- Minimum focusing distance:150cm – 250cm/59.1in-98.4in
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length):124.4mm x 291mm/4.8in.x11.5in.
- Number of diaphragm blades:9 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Maximum magnification ratio:1 : 8.1
For more information, visit: http://www.sigmaphoto.comFeatures, Lenses, News, Sigma