Sony Announces NEX 6 Mirrorless Camera
The much anticipated Sony NEX 6 has just been announced and is quite the enhancement over the NEX 5 series and has some very unique features. A new dual dial system on top makes switching between modes and settings a lot easier. the NEX 6 sports a built-in pop-up flash and a built-in viewfinder, so that’s two less accessories to have to deal with. WiFi ability allows for simple image transfers and uploads as well as being able to use a smart phone as a remote viewfinder and shutter release. The 18-50mm lens that came with the NEX 5 series and NEX 7 has been replaced with a new 16-50mm that is only an inch thick. The body is outfitted with a new hybrid autofocus system for faster and more accurate focusing. The most surprising new feature of all is a standard ISO hotshoe. What all we will be able to do with this hotshoe is unknown but since it only has a single pin, it sure makes this camera an oddball for Sony.
- DSLR-like operability (two dials) packed into a compact body, advanced AF system and Wi-Fi capability for heightened enjoyment and expression. Large image sensor with 16.1 effective megapixels for outstanding image quality along with ultra-high-sensitivity shooting at ISO 25600.
- New PlayMemories Camera Apps for adding functionality and expanded possibilities.
- First lens (Power Zoom Lens) is nearly an inch thick and can fit easily into any purse or large pocket.
- Power Zoom lens (16-50mm) is half the height than the standard NEX 18-50mm lens and will come with the NEX-6 (also available separate and in a separate kit for the NEX-5R).
- Top line features:
- Phase-detection AF
- Intuitive, DSLR-like operation
- Built-in electronic viewfinder
- Built-in flash and accessory shoe – multi interface shoe allows mounting of more powerful flash units.
- Wi-Fi support
- Expanded functionality
- BIONZ image processing engine
- Availability: the NEX-6 will hit retail mid-November
- Color: Black
- Price: $999.99 (NEX-6 SELP1650 kit)