KCWtechnica MRK (Modular Rigging Kit) Stage I
I have been getting very interested in shooting video with my 7D but I really want to have all the toys. I want a shoulder mount, two-handed rig, a camera caddy, and everything else so that I can do any type of shot I want. The problem is, buying all of these individual components is horribly expensive, together it can set you back a couple of thousand dollars. I recently ran across a company making an entire new class of video DSLR components. KCWtechnica has a completely modular kit for under $1,000 that can be used to create all many of rigging setups.
The KCWtechnica Rigging System only uses major industry standard connection points. 5/16″, 3/8″, 1/4″, 5° incremental, 15mm & 19mm. KCWtechnica’s exclusive innovative clamps/converters allows using 15mm rods to 19mm to imperial standard rods.
- 2 – 15mm 12″ Extendable Aluminum Lens Support Rods
- 4 – 15mm 6″ Extendable Aluminum Lens Support Rods
- 2 – 7″ Aluminum Hex, knurling Rods
- 2 – 4″ Aluminum Hex, Knurling Rods
- 2 – Aluminum Handles/Weights
- 8 – 15° Locking Rod Clamps
- 2 – Rod to Camera Plate Holders
- 1 – Formed Padded Shoulder Plate
- 1 – Lens Support
- 1 – Camera Mount Plate
- 1 – 3/8″ Mount Screw
- 1 – 5/16″ Mount Screw
- 2 – 3/8″ Flat Head Screws
- 2 – 3/8″ Ball Head Screws
- 2 – T-Handle Wrenches
- 1 – Padded Mil-Spec Ballistic Nylon Organizer Case
- **Added are: 2 additional 6″ 15mm Rods + 1 Formed Padded Shoulder Plate + Nylon & Padding to Mil-Spec
The Stage 1 rigging kit is going on sale soon for $995 but until then they are taking pre-orders at only $845.75. While this may still sound like a lot of money, since it is a modular system, allowing you to build numerous configurations, the kit becomes very affordable instead of buying complete components for all of the different rigging designs.
Head over and check it out at http://kcwtechnica.com/shop/mrk-modular-rigging-kit-basic-stage-i