I am not really a “tripod guy” as I do as much handheld as possible but once in a while you do need a tripod so I have used a Vanguard Alta Pro 284CT for about two years for doing detail shots, product shots, brackets, and other things that need a stable platform. While theÂ Alta Pro 284CT has been a great platform, there have been times that I needed something a bit more solid. The problem is that a really good, heavy-duty platform has always been well outside my budget range, until theÂ Vanguard Auctus Plus 324AT came along.
Why a big tripod
A big sturdy tripod platform has several benefits over a smaller model. The main advantages are that it is more stable and can raise up higher. The downside is that a large tripod is going to be heavy. The Auctus Plus 324AT is not a tripod that you will likely strap to you backpack for an afternoon hike. But when you need a big, seriously stable platform, this is where the Auctus Plus 324AT shines.
- Ultra-smooth dual-function wheel gear that adjusts central column height smoothly and securely while supporting heavy gear
- Impressively precise ESHP Wheel System also enables height fine tuning, while supporting an extreme loading weight
- Dust and sand-deterring, rock-solid, strong leg locks provide reliable protection
- Legs adjust to 3 angles for uneven terrain and low-angle photography
- All-terrain feet convert from anti-rust spikes to angled, textured rubber
- Load Capacity: 39.7 lbs (18 kg)
- Maximum Height: 5.57′ (1.69 m)
- Minimum Height: 4.82′ (1.47 m)
- Folded Length: 25″ (63.5 cm)
- Weight: 8.60 lbs (3.90 kg)
How good is it?
I have been a fan of Vanguard products for a while and the Vanguard Auctus Plus 324AT Tripod certainly did not disappoint on any level. If you need a high quality, large tripod base, be sure and check out the Vanguard Auctus series and see if there is one that will suite your requirements.
Vanguard Website: http://vanguardusa.com/