Breeze Systems goes Beta with DSLR Remote Pro for Mac
Most of you should know that I am a big fan of Breeze Systems‘ DSLR Remote Pro software for tethered shooting. The problem has always been that is was only available for Windows. Now however, Breeze Systems is coming out with a version for Mac users.
DSLR Remote Pro for Mac supports recent Canon DSLR cameras including the new Canon EOS 50D and Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS, Canon EOS 450D/Rebel XSi, Canon EOS 40D, 1Ds Mark III and 1D Mark III.
DSLR Remote Pro for Mac enables the professional photographer to:
- Control Canon DSLR cameras from an Intel Mac running OS X 10.4 or later
- Display live images on the PC screen (Canon EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi and EOS 1000D/Rebel XS only)
- Auto focus and manually control focus from a PC (Canon EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi and EOS 1000D/Rebel XS only)
- See large high quality previews of shots on your PC within seconds
- Enable customers to view pictures while you continue shooting
- Increase control for time lapse photography
- Preview images in black and white or color
- Automatically bracket up to 15 shots by varying the shutter speed or aperture
- Store images directly onto the hard disk of a PC ready for onward transmission (e.g. by FTP to a picture desk)
Use the large preview image to display:
- Flashing highlights to indicate over-exposed areas
- Grid overlay and crop marks to assist accurate alignment
- Black and white
- Focus point overlay
For the time being, DSLR Remote Pro for Macintosh is only available as a limited time trial version while it is in the beta. This version is expected to be available for sale in September.
For more information, please visit: http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro4Mac/