Podcast #57 – Conversation with Thomas Hawk – The Man of a Million Images

dojopodcastKerry and David talk to Thomas Hawk who has a goal of having a million images published before he dies. To put this into perspective, that is 300-400 images posted online every week! You think putting up 1 image a day is a cool project, try 30-40! Thomas talks about his gear, his workflow, and his motivation. Hopefully this will inspire you to take on your own photography project regardless of the scale.

Thomas Hawk Links

Scott Kelby Photowalk

Show Hosts

Kerry Garrison
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kerrygarrison Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/garrisonphotography

David Esquire
Twitter: http://twitter.com/esquirephoto Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EsquirePhotography

This podcast is also available on iTunes.

1. Jimmy Fisher says:

the download now link above is Dane Sanders #56

2. kgarrison says:

Refresh the page and it should give you the correct link.

3. thomashawk says:

Hey guys, thanks so much had a great being on your show!

4. kgarrison says:

Thank you Thomas, I think it will be motivational to a lot of people.

5. Great message at the end there!

6. Rob van E. says:

Wow guys. Inspirational show. Keep it up.

7. Phil says:

Hey Guys, Great show. I wonder why you didn't ask Mr. Hawk about uploading to a stock site? It sounds like he's already doing the tagging and keywords. Aren't the buyers checking stock sites before attempting a search on flickr? Inspirational show about work habits; i'm just wondering if it's less efficient than uploading to a stock site?
    Looking forward to hearing next week!

8. Walter says:

GREAT SHOW. I never thought about all the detail shots from a wedding that could be sold on stock sites. I normally have at least 100 shoots per wedding that could be sold as stock. i need to look into this.

9. Raisin says:

My wife and I have a project where we do a minimum of 24 pictures a week of our family. We have been doing this since the birth of our son as a way to share with the rest of the family. This podcast was really helpful because we can adopt aspects of his workflow into our own. Keep up the good work guys.

10. michandphoto says:

Kerry and David in this podcast David spoke about a piece of software that controls what photo applications start up when you plug your iphone/camera/etc into your mac. I couldn't find it online and was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

11. esquirephoto says:

Hey Matt,

Good Morning! Here's the free software that I was mentioning in the podcast: http://www.flexibits.com/.

I haven't given it a whirl just yet, but it looks pretty cool – cheers!

12. michandphoto says:

I'll play with it for a couple of days and let you know what I think.

13. esquirephoto says:

Hey Matt,

Right on – that would be dope.

14. esquirephoto says:

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the 411 on the software.

I'll have to give it a whirl as well & from what you wrote – it looks pretty simple to use.

Have a super weekend & thanks for the update – cheers!

15. chrissgaraglino says:

Thomas mentioned a piece of software that search the net for uses of your images by unauthorized parties. Do you have more information on this software/service?

16. isaacbarnoskie says:

Where can I find more info on the reverse image search software that was mentioned?

17. Iram Rolon says:

Thanks you guys. Love your show up in here in Florida.

PD: Kerry, I do miss Billy Mays to

18. Iram Rolon says:

Thanks you guys. Love your show up in here in Florida.

PD: Kerry, I do miss Billy Mays to

1. July 8, 2009

[…] Read more: Podcast #57 – Conversation with Thomas Hawk – The Man of a Million Images […]