Canon releases firmware update for EOS 50D
Firmware Version 1.0.6 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Supports the AF assist beam feature of the new flash, Speedlite 270 EX, which is scheduled to be released in April 2009.
- Changes the error indications that are displayed on the camera.
- Addresses the vertical banding noise phenomenon.
Firmware Version 1.0.6 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.5. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.0.6, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
In addition, Firmware Version 1.0.5 has already been incorporated with improvements to support the AF assist beam feature of Speedlite 270 EX and change the error indications that are displayed on the camera.
When updating to Firmware Version 1.0.6, please also update the Digital Photo Professional, Picture Style Editor, ZoomBrowser EX, and ImageBrowser software to the following versions or later.For details, please refer to the Firmware Q&A section.
- Digital Photo Professional : Version 3.5.2 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Picture Style Editor : Version 1.4.2 (Windows/Macintosh)
- ZoomBrowser EX : Version 6.2.1c (Windows)
- ImageBrowser : Version 6.2.1c (Macintosh)
To download the firmware go to: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos50d/firmware.html