Pictage announces new Pictage Lite service

pictage_logoWhile many big-name photographers have used Pictage for their print fullfillment service, the cost was outside of the realm of photographers that are just getting started or don’t do very many jobs per year. With a growing number of photographers looking to get started with Pictage but needing to start smaller, Pictage has announced Pictage Lite.

Pictage Lite provides the same interface and tools as the full version of Pictage, including an all-new image upload tool, but is limited on features that busier professionals need to help streamline their businesses.

The following chart shows the differences between Pictage Pro and Pictage Lite:

pictage-compare
[podcast format=”video”]/podcasts/PictageLite_Announcement.m4v[/podcast]

Source: Pictage

1. Anonymous says:

Very smart move! I know a lot of people can't justify the expense of Pictage. I'm not changing my membership to Lite, but I think more people might be open to trying it now with that option. Thanks for sharing!

2. Anonymous says:

If we get them to do a per event fee like others the I would get excited.

3. Anonymous says:

I think this is a very solid move from Pictage. $199/year rather $99/month. I am a young photographer learning from many photographers and my business is not yet at the point where can always afford the $99/month. I can get by some months and now I know when Pictage Lite launches I will be able to pay the less amount

4. MissySue says:

This is a great article. Although I had my ups and downs with Pictage, I do believe they're a great option for certain photogs! And, I would've never know about the Lite service if I hadn't found this article! So, thanks for sharing!

5. CC says:

Dude I smell fear!

6. feuza says:

I have signed up- very happy so far

7. Anonymous says:

Are they still going to be absolutely AWFUL to deal with?

8. Bill H says:

I did'nt know you were allowed to join Pictage unless you were Totally RAD and lived in Orange County or Santa Barbara!

LOL

9. kgarrison says:

I know some people who have been with them a long time and went through some growing pains with them. I have only been with Pictage for a few months now and have found them to be terrific to deal with or I wouldn't promote their service.

10. BillZ says:

I tried to use these guys for a year, despite the price, and every single order was incorrect. After spending hundreds of dollars for samples I finally had to pull the plug. Thank God I never ordered anything for a client so I avoided that problem. I believe I gave them every opportunity to achieve with my orders but they never lived up to their promises. Sorry to say that I tried to afford them then, but I can't afford them now at any price.

11. BillZ says: